Professional Advice on Writing and Argumentative Essay Examples for High School
Many students start looking for argumentative essay examples for high school. Prime-Essay.net would like to offer a helping hand by providing you with a tutorial on how to write an argumentative essay, ideas, and topic for your writing as well as a great argumentative essay sample for high school. First thing you need to remember is that argumentative essay is not only assigned in the course of study, but can often be found in tests like TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, ACT and many others.
First, let us define an argumentative essay. In its essence, argumentative writing is similar to many other forms of academic assignments, however, requires you to defend certain ideas or suggested point of view. You are supposed to appeal to stats, facts and scholarly sources to defend your position and bring arguments sufficient enough to prove you right.
Very often students wonder whether there is any difference between argumentative and persuasive essay. Yes, while persuasive essay relies on moral components and emotional reasoning, the argumentative essay should use numbers and logic as foundation for an argument.
In most cases, when students are assigned an argumentative essay, they have a specific topic to cover. However, if you have to write a paper for your class and have no topic assigned, check out the list below!
Great Ideas and Topics for Argumentative Essay
Choosing a topic is a tricky task, as you have to choose something you have feelings about, something that you can argue about and yet not to be the most obvious choice. We would like to begin with argumentative essay topics for high school students:
• IOS vs Android: which mobile platform offers more benefits to students?
• Any investment in crypto currencies are not safe or reliable
• Do electric cars stand a chance to win the market?
• Do superhero movies inspire kids or make them more violent?
• What comics universe is more successful from the economic point of view, Marvel or DC?
If you do not like any of these topics or they don’t fit your studying/interests, here is another list of topics for high school argumentative paper:
• What language would you consider to be the best second language to learn in the US?
• Should students majoring in Arts or Engineering be forced to take standardized tests?
• What is the most overpaid profession?
• Should drinking, driving and voting age the same in all states?
• Can high school students make an informed choice about their future on their own?
As you may have noticed, these topics are a bit complicated as they rely both on your position and ability to find arguments.
Great Argumentative Essay Topics for College
Sometimes, you may find yourself bored, so here is a little challenge for you: essay topics that are more likely to be assigned in college:
• Do traditional media present biased information and have hidden agenda?
• Could legalization of light drugs be justified from the medical point of view?
• Whom would you consider to be a super nation and opposition to the USA?
• What is the most revolutionary technological advancement of the XX century?
• Should the quality of public services be sacrificed in order to lower taxes?
What topics do you like? Do you have strong feelings about any of them? If you have chosen your topic, let us move on (you can choose or adjust your topic later).
Writing an Argumentative Essay
Many people hate any form of writing as they have no idea of where to start, or how should their paper look like. So in order to help them, here is what should be done:
1. Select your topic and brainstorm ideas. Even if you are not 100% sure about it, begin with writing down ideas. At this stage, there are not crazy or silly ideas, write down everything that comes to your mind.
2. Do a little research. Once you have listed everything that is related to the topic, make sure to dig up information that will support your ideas and help you build strong arguments.
3. Create an outline and make the first draft. While we will give an example of a good outline and essay structure later, make sure you plan before you write.
What Is a Successful Structure of Argumentative Essay for High School?
Similar to any other essays, this writing should have introduction, paragraphs, and conclusion. However, if you are planning to make a great essay, keep in mind that every section is supposed to have structure and serve a specific purpose.
Let us begin with an introduction:
• Hook sentence. First, you need to catch your readers’ attention buy intriguing them by writing something so controversial they will keep reading.
• Background information. Before you introduce the main idea of your paper, narrow down the broad topic or provide an explanatory context for your writing.
• Thesis statement. Directly state the idea you will be covering in your paper.
Depending on the number of arguments or points you plan to cover in your essay, the number of body paragraphs may vary. Do not forget that each paragraph should have:
• Topic sentence. Small introduction within the paragraph will help the reader understand the micro-context and know what to expect.
• Claim. The idea of certain paragraph should be clear and have to be stated in the second sentence.
• Supporting evidence. The point of the argumentative essay is to convince the reader, so make sure your evidence matches the ideas.
• Concluding sentence. Before moving to the next paragraph, make a logical transition to the next idea by presenting the link and connection between them.
The last part of each and every essay is conclusion, which is supposed to provide you readers with:
• Restated thesis statement. Rephrase your statement, so the message behind it would be ‘as you can see from everything above, I was 100% right’. The more confident you are, the more likely are people going to believe you.
• Brief summary. In case people have forgotten the arguments you brought up, summarize all the information
• Overall conclusion. Draw a logical and confident conclusion to sum up your paper.
Another aspect you should pay attention to is argumentative essay format. Check the initial requirement to find the formatting style requested by your professor and pay attention to all those tiny details like margins, footnotes, citing and bibliography. Some professors are extremely cautious about the way your paper looks. If you are not certain which version of formatting you should use, check your syllabus or school’s website for more information. If you need help formatting your paper, you should know that we offer such services at a reasonable price.
Professional Tips for Writing a High School Argumentative Essay
1. Focus on rational, rather than emotional. The type of assignment demand you look for the way to convince your reader without appealing to their emotions.
2. If you know any counter-arguments, address them in your paper. This step will help you make your paper more convincing and believable.
3. Get help with editing. Sometimes you won't see your own mistakes, so outsourcing your editing or asking for help from someone more experienced might be a really great idea.
As we promised at the beginning of this article, here are some great samples of writing we performed on behalf of our clients. These argumentative essay high school samples can be used as studying material or source of inspiration, but shall not be submitted as your assignment.
If you liked any of these argumentative essay examples for high school or would like to order a custom-made paper for your class, feel free to place a request right now. Here is what we need to know:
• Topic of your essay (if you haven’t chosen one, please type ‘writer’s choice’)
• Number of pages (we count 1 page as 300 words double-spaced);
• Deadline (from 11 days up to 3 hours);
• Academic level;
• And, if needed, number of sources to be cited.
If you place your request for professional argumentative essay now, you will not only get a high-quality paper but can also count on:
• Free e-mail delivery. We will send you a copy of your paper and upload it to your personal profile.
• Round-the-clock support in case you have any questions regarding your order;
• Unforgettable experience while working with experienced writers and editors.
While placing an order, you will be able to choose additional services, prepare elaborate instructions or opt for VIP services package.