Human Rights Topics for Essays (+Free Sample)
Get a Price
Human rights is a complex and multifaceted concept that requires in-depth investigation and awareness. The primary statement that is a basis for all human rights essays is that all people deserve freedom. Recently this concept became very popular because many groups of people are still oppressed. It should be said that the essays on human rights are particularly popular in the present-day academic environment as they help students consider important problems and look for efficient ways for their solving. When you are supposed to create an essay discussing any concept related to human rights, you will need to work with thought-provoking human rights topics for essays. If you are not sure how to choose a good subject for your essay, you need to have a closer look at our tutorial as it will provide you with not only effective tips and suggestions but also interesting ideas that will boost your creativity.
Although the human rights problem is the main subject of the agenda in many areas, the problem still remains unsolved. Unfortunately, many statesmen and political leaders prefer to manipulate public opinion regarding human rights in their speeches and reports instead of solving the problems related to it. To address the problem, people should analyze it on different layers. One of the most efficient ways to solve problems related to human rights is to raise awareness among students. By assigning various essays, research papers, reports, and speech assignments in colleges and universities, professors want to evaluate not only students’ writing and analytical skills, but also their knowledge of the subject. Very often, they allow students to choose the subjects for their papers on their own as it will enable them to showcase their creativity and understanding of the problem. If you are supposed to write an essay on a human rights topic, you will need to choose the subject for your paper carefully. A boring or a too sophisticated topic will not allow you to enjoy the writing process. A too broad topic will not enable you to discuss the subject from different perspectives and write a good-looking piece whereas a too narrow topic will limit your creativity. As you can see, the choice of the topic is a particularly important stage of the writing process that should not be underestimated. But before you choose any topic for your paper, you will need to understand what is human rights.
What Is Human Rights?
These rights are inherent to every individual regardless of their age, religion, gender, social status, and ethnic group. Individuals should receive the right to live, be free, study, etc. regardless of the color of their skin, the language they speak, as well as other criteria. Human rights are interdependent, interrelated, and indivisible.
How to Write a Good Essay on Human Rights?
No matter what course you are taking, you will need to write an essay on human rights. If you want to get a good grade for this paper, you will need to consider a couple of important aspects. The first step in writing a good essay on human rights is the choice of an appropriate topic. A good subject will not only help you create a worthy paper but also enjoy the writing process. Once the topic is chosen, you will need to research it thoroughly. Since the human rights topic is very dynamic, it requires using up-to-date and credible sources. Make sure to study the books, journals, and educational videos related to the subject and use the ideas expressed by experts as evidence for your own arguments. Once you are done with researching, you will need to make up an outline that will include all the main parts of your essay.
No matter what topic you will be discussing, your outline should include the following parts:
- Introduction. In the opening part of your essay, you will need to present your topic to spark the interest of your reader. Although your introduction should not include too many details on your topic, it should include three basic elements: a hook, background info, and a thesis statement. A hook is a sentence- or two-statement that will engage the target audience. It can be a shocking fact, statistics, or a quote that will make the reader want to read the whole piece. Finally, your introduction should include a thesis statement that will state the central idea of your paper;
- Body. The main body of your paper is the part in which you need to provide additional details on your topic. To ensure flawless reading of your paper, you will need to divide your main body into a couple of meaningful paragraphs. Each of them should begin with a clear and comprehensive topic sentence that will be closely connected with a thesis statement. Everybody paragraphs should include a clear argument and supporting evidence. The length of every paragraph depends on the length of the essay. Ideally, you need to make your essay balanced and easy to read;
- Conclusion. In the final part of your paper, you will need to summarize your work. Pay attention that you should not add new information to your concluding part as it is a violation of the rules of academic writing.
Once your outline is done, you will need to start working on your paper following the professor’s prompt precisely. As soon as you are done with the writing stage, you will need to review your paper making sure it corresponds with the writing standards and is free from plagiarism.
Best Tips for Writing an Essay
- By following the tips provided below, you will be able to turn in a brilliant essay:
- Make sure to formulate your ideas clearly and effectively. Otherwise, you will make your text sound confusing;
- Collect data only from credible and peer-reviewed sources. Although human rights issues are widely discussed in many sources, you will need to pick up the ones that are the most authoritative;
- Do not forget to proofread your paper before its submission. Although the mechanics of your paper is not as important as its content, you need to make sure your paper is free from grammatical flaws.
- We do hope that our handy suggestions will help you write a worthy essay on human rights that will meet and exceed the expectations of your instructor. If you are lacking ideas for writing your paper, you should have a look at some topics collected by our creative experts.
Excellent Human Rights Topics for Essays
To produce good human rights essay examples, you will need to generate interesting ideas. If you are lacking creativity or you do not know what ideas may seem interesting for your readers, you may find some topics below. By reading our list, you will understand what aspects of human rights require in-depth investigation:
- The role of police in preventing discrimination;
- What are the rights of the LGBT community in different countries?
- Analyze the main characteristics of racial discrimination in the US;
- Should minorities have the right to pray at their workplaces?
- Analyze the relationships between human rights and ecology;
- Provide an in-depth analysis of child labor history;
- Do parents have an ethical basis for using physical punishment when disciplining children?
- LGBT marriage regulations: a problem-solution essay;
- Child labor and its effect on the psychology of children;
- Discuss the violation of human rights in Russia/Belarus;
- Addressing human body shaming issues. How to raise awareness of the problem?
- What role does the media play in women’s empowerment?
- What human rights are the most violated in US society?
- What are the main causes of physical abuse among couples?
- The human rights violation in the industry of adult films. Why does the problem still exist?
- In what ways child labor can cause post-traumatic stress disorder?
for free and improve your writing skills!
For the longest time, many countries have been carrying out death sentences and execution as a punishment for certain crimes. However, in the recent past, human right activists and organizations have been campaigning for the abolition of death penalties or sentence used by the judicial systems. Although there is no prohibition in the international law that is against the death penalty, its use by the judicial systems goes against the universal fundamental rights of human beings. The use of death penalty is also seen as being flawed, and the ruling is not applied equally to all similar offenders.
Need Professional Assistance with Writing Your Essay on Human Rights? Rely on Us!
As you already know, writing an essay on human rights is not an easy task to do as it is very involving and effort-consuming. If you are struggling with a tough academic workload and cannot dedicate enough time and attention to this assignment, you should consider purchasing it at our trustworthy writing service. Our reputed company has been providing its customers with supreme services for many years. Once we receive your request for help, we will start working on it immediately to provide you with a marvelous piece. By cooperating with us on a regular basis, you will be able to forget about your academic problems enjoying your life free from stress and anxiety. So, if the deadline for your short essay on human rights is approaching and you do not know how to do it, do not think twice and let us complete it instead of you. We promise that this decision will help you achieve academic excellence!
Excellent Additional Topics
- How human rights are violated based on the example of the Taiwan case study
- Is it possible to come up with an ultimate human rights standard at an international level?
- Evaluation of successful contributions of European Commission of Human Rights
- The unfavorable aspects of international human rights law. Its effects on the Canadian policy.
- The relevance of creative expression freedom as one of the major human rights
- Why are gender roles in leadership positions still compromised?
- The evaluation of aims and rudimentary principles of the European Commission of Human Rights
- The discrepancy between the Islamic views and Christian perspectives on human rights.
- Not only Asian countries hire low-wage labor force. Is it possible to eradicate sweatshops globally?
- “Universal Declaration of Human Rights” does not serve the same purpose in different countries.
- The violation of human rights in Latin America. How to cease widespread discrimination of the South American nations.
- Female discrimination as a conventional perception in Muslim countries
- Is it reasonable to suspend human rights during wartime? Can it be made in favor of the citizens?
- Free education in the 21st century: is it still a utopian scenario?
- How human rights are desecrated at contemporary workplaces
- Limitations for immigrants. Do the policies of the United States disrupt human rights?
- What are the negative effects of laws against terrorism? Nations affected.
- Tracking the progress of female rights in the USA from the 19th to the 21st centuries.
- The flaws of democracy. Instances when democratic views fail to protect human rights.
- Do social networking sites protect our privacy? The truth of social media.
- Should we stick to conventional models of human rights?
- The interrelation between human rights and ecological problems.
- How human rights are despoiled in the Digital Age.
- The principal background of human rights laws.