How to Write an Extended Essay: Useful Tips for You
Writing IB extended essays is something that any student acquiring an IB diploma has to deal with. This type of assignment is basically a small thesis with a word count of up to 4000 words that contributes to your diploma. While some students have no idea how to write an extended essay, everyone can learn to do it. The scheme is the following: you formulate a topic for your IB essay and apply for IBO’s approval of it. Once the topic is agreed, you will need to find a scholarly advisor who will mentor you during the process of writing. After a consultation with your advisor, you can start writing the paper under his or her expert supervision. Finally, the paper will be submitted to IBO, where it will be checked and assessed.
As for the content of such paper, it can vary significantly and should be decided individually for every researcher. In some cases, laboratory works and experiments are carried out and described, while in others, a theoretical framework with an extensive discussion is presented. It all depends on your area of specialization and the studied sphere. The structure of such paper may vary. There is no universal form to be applied to it. However, there are a few standard elements that are obligatory for every IB extended essay. Let’s discuss everything in greater detail to avoid any confusion concerning the extended essay word count, structure, content, etc.
Get a Price Quote:
Prompts on How to Write an Extended Essay Outline
Let’s have a closer look at how to write an extended essay outline. Paying attention to this element is important since it will help you stay on the right track and make your paper consistent and logical. In short, an IB essay outline serves as a guide to writing. It highlights both the sections and subsections of your paper. To write an outline properly, take some time to ponder over each paragraph and the points you intend to cover. Carefully think about the supporting data and examples you would provide to back up your ideas. In case you are not good at creating outlines, consider using our online IB extended essay writing service.
Establishing the Right Extended Essay Word Count
Concerning the extended essay word limit, 4000 words include an abstract, body, footnotes and quotations. Sticking to the indicated IB extended essay word count is essential since it helps professors check whether students are able to do the required research well to provide the needed information within the set extended essay word limit.
The indicated extended essay word count, i.e. 4000 words, usually comprises the number of words of the sections included in a paper. Each section may include a different number of words which mostly depends on the academic area, research question, and scientific approach adopted by a student. Still, there are some general recommendations concerning the word limit of each section:
- Title page and abstract – 300 words
- Introductory section – 300 - 500 words
- Body section – 2500 – 3000 words
- Concluding part – 200 – 400 words
- References and bibliography – 100 – 300 words
It is worth admitting that the provided word limit of each part is not carved ins tone, which means students can decide on their own what word limit to set for each section. Feeling confused? Don’t have a clue as to how to manage the set extended essay word count wisely? Using the extended essay writing service offered by Prime-Essay.net, you can get rid of this problem.
What Is the Minimum Extended Essay Word Limit?
The minimum extended essay word count is 3500 words. This word limit includes that of the body section, but not that of the abstract, table of contents, references, or appendices. It is essential to admit that meeting this minimum extended essay word limit requirement may not be enough to produce a top-notch paper. So, most students strive to reach a 4000-words paper to be able to properly research the assigned IB essay topic and fully cover a research question.
If it seems impossible to you to produce a worthy paper within the set extended essay word limit, ask our trained IB essay writers for help.
What to Do to Meet the Extended Essay Word Count?
To create a solid piece of writing meeting the indicated word limit requirements, students should do careful planning. They need to:
- Start creating their extended essays once they are assigned those.
- Produce a detailed outline that will help make sure that all aspect of the research question are covered.
- Write a concise text relevant to the assigned IB essay topic. This will help avoid repetitions, which may lead to the exceeded extended essay word limit.
- Review and edit your paper to spot the areas that need improvement and make certain that the extended essay word limit requirements are met.
Repetitions, irrelevant data, etc. are the factors that impact the word limit of any paper. It may be hard for you to avoid these issues and therefore create a meaningful text within the needed number of words. Our qualified IB essay writers can guide you throughout the process. They can create an outstanding paper on any IB essay topic and help you get the desired IB diploma. So, feel free to contact our IB extended essay writing service if you need professional writing help.
Helpful Tips on How to Write an Extended Essay
A lot of aspects have to be considered before starting working on extended essays. We have prepared some useful IB extended essay guidelines for you to consider. Using these pieces of advice, you will increase your chances to succeed and get an excellent grade for your work. So, let’s start:
Tones of literature and learning materials need to be reviewed before writing an extended essay, which is absolutely necessary for a paper of such significance. However, with all the planning and preparing, you may find yourself putting off the actual writing process, which can affect your timeliness in the end. So whatever stage of work you are at right now, remember to write things down, make notes, and deal with the writing step by step.
One of the key conditions for creating great IB extended essays is a sincere and engaged interest in the essay topic. That is why it is better to choose a topic that you are passionate about, or the one that makes you curious. Then the whole writing process will be more enjoyable, which will be reflected in the final result of your work.
While the traditional research involves using scholarly editions, there is a number of other materials that can help create good essays. Find those alternatives, and you will make your paper incomparable and original. For instance, you can find theses and dissertations related to your IB essay topic and analyze them. Moreover, consulting the prominent scholars in your field of study is also a great solution that can bring some new ideas to your writing.
Stick to the Word Limit
Since extended essays have a clear word count requirement, you need to mind this condition while writing. To make the word limit more convenient to follow, you can map out an outline (as it has been mentioned above) and give a certain amount of words to each of the sections you list. This way, you will know how much words to include in every paragraph, and you will avoid writing too much text.
Narrow It Down
4000 words is not a word limit that allows doing extensive research on a broad topic. Thus, your task is to choose only one aspect of some theme and focus your paper on it. By doing so, you will be sure that the chosen topic can be covered fully within the frame of an extensive paper.
We hope that the provided tips and extended essay guidelines will come in handy. In case you still have doubts regarding writing an IB extended essay, you can order this type of assignment from our IB extended essay writing service and have it done by highly qualified professionals.
Useful Extended Essay Guidelines on Choosing a Topic
The main condition for writing a successful IB extended essay is focusing on a right topic. Therefore, it is advised to take your time to choose a truly decent topic and formulate a great research question that would suggest meaningful research. As a rule, students choose the topics related to their major in college or university. Such approach will help one make deeper research on their specialization and contribute to their IB diploma. In addition, having chosen a relevant topic, it will be easier to cover it, because you have probably gathered a lot of materials and knowledge on such topic throughout the year.
Undoubtedly, the topic selection should be agreed with your scientific advisor, who may help you both pick a good theme and formulate a research question correctly. In addition, you can consult our IB essay writers at Prime-Essay.net regarding the topic for your paper. Below we have listed the possible topics for extended essays in different disciplines so that it is easier for you to make the final choice.
- Diversity of flora and its relation to climatic changes on Earth.
- The shifts in the amount of sunlight and their effects on photosynthesis.
- Microorganisms in animal fats: a study from the perspective of consumers’ health.
- Underwater plants and their role for the living organisms.
- The phenomenon of pollination.
- Herbal treatments and their efficiency.
English Literature Topics
- The most influential novel for youth in XXI century.
- Innovators in writing: who shaped the modern literature?
- The role of scenery in achieving a proper emotional effect in the story.
- Social and cultural shifts reflected in the literature of XXI century.
- Popularization of printed books: is there a chance for publishers to survive?
- How political views of writers formed their styles and themes addressed.
- The shift of gender roles in the modern literature.
- Overeating as a nationwide psychological problem of XXI century.
- Psychotherapeutic consultations in adolescence: statistical research.
- The phenomenon of post-natal depression.
- Daily routine for overcoming stress.
- Abortion and guilt: how self-perception changes after the procedure.
- Preventing suicides among teenagers.
- The roots of domestic violence: the victim’s perspective.
- The influence of political decisions on the state of national economy.
- How much does the government cost? Analysis of expenses for the governmental structures.
- Government’s measures to support small businesses.
- Taxes regulation as a necessary condition for financial stability in the country.
- International trading and its effects on the state economy.
These are just some of the topics that can be used for your extended essay. Once you choose a topic and approve it, you will need to start working on your writing. If it’s hard for you to pick a remarkable topic or formulate a research question properly, consider using our online IB extended essay writing service.
for free and improve your writing skills!
Language is a constantly changing phenomenon. It is developing along with the objective reality. All the new words and concepts arise with the appearance of new things, objects, and changes in the world. Just yesterday those words, phrases, concepts did not exist. Thus, our parents or elder brothers or sisters might not even suppose something like that would appear soon. To look behind, we can notice that first people on the Earth communicated without words at all. Now, in the era of technical progress and rapid world’s changing, in the epoch of techno sphere, new things, machines, devices appear almost every day. It’s impossible to imagine the modern world without all the things humanity has invented. All these things and inventions have their names. These names are in everyday use, and they bear new words, phrases, and word combinations therefore. In this paper, we are going to give a definition of the modern word ‘Webinar’, explain its meaning, find out its historical etymology and the way the word has recently changed. We will determine its role in the modern language and the way it is reflected in the contemporary context...
and pay for it
progress of your order
IB extended essay
using your personal account
IB Extended Essay Writing Service: We Can Help You Get Your IB Diploma
We understand that you may not be able to write an extended essay well, and there may be different reasons for this. So, we offer you to use our professional IB extended essay writing service. To do this, you need to:
- Insert detailed extended essay guidelines in the order form. Make sure to mention the deadline, word count, research question, spacing, etc.
- Pay for your paper. On the confirmation of the financial transaction, your paper will be assigned to one of our extended essay writers.
- Download the completed assignment. On the date specified in the order form, you can log in to your personal area at our site to download your work.
It’s clear that getting an IB diploma may be challenging, but our extended essay writers are here to help you. They always adhere to the provided extended essay guidelines and do their best to provide our customers with fascinating papers. So, hire our pros to increase your chances for success!