Nursing School Essay Writing
Get a Price
To apply to nursing school one needs to carefully study the admission requirements. In addition to the official undergraduate transcripts, admissions application, exams to be taken, and a letter of recommendation, the prospective student has to submit a personal essay (or statement of purpose). Even though most students know well that this document allows them to introduce themselves to committee members, they often wonder how to start a nursing school essay writing.
In fact, this paper can be life-changing for the applicant. Whether you want to enroll in the MSN or a family NP degree program, you need to demonstrate to your readers what makes you the best candidate for the chosen program. It is a big mistake to think that presenting a heartbreaking life story will have the right influence on the admissions committee. These are the skills and abilities that should make you stand out from the rest of the students. To help you create a stellar essay our team of professional writers offers you to follow the three simple steps below. In case you want to be sure your statement of purpose makes a good impression on the admission agents, you should turn to our expert writers for help.
1. Create a Story Plan
When it comes to nursing school essay writing, there are not many people who can immediately write a perfect personal statement without preliminary preparation. Figuring out the best way to tell about your skills and abilities can even take a number of weeks, so it is prudent to allow sufficient time for planning, writing thoughts down, and preparing an outline. Below are some tips to help you collect the ideas and information needed to write a great essay.
- Begin your nursing essay by reflecting on how your goals/objectives for the future have been shaped and influenced by any experience you have as an RN (registered nurse). In what way might advanced training in nursing help you grow and fit into an FNP role?
- Examine some existing nursing essay examples to see why you should not confine your thinking to your existing resume. Think about accomplishments, traits, and strengths that your resume does not cover. Do you have interests that might help you succeed in a nursing program? Include examples of leadership qualities, mentorships, growth, or goals that you have experienced or achieved. Write them down to use when you start creating your masterpiece.
- Select a suitable essay topic. Issues of the soapbox variety and preaching should be avoided. This approach can appear condescending and distract you from the key points.
- Check out the nursing program you are applying for. Use research to understand the nursing school's reputation and values. Do these match your values, and how?
2. Write a Draft
- When writing, try not to overthink the project. Find a voice that is natural. Write fearlessly and as though you were speaking to your friend - your work can be edited and polished during the next draft.
- Clichés and general statements should be avoided. Look at an existing nursing school essay sample or a few samples to understand how over-used generic words e.g. 'compassionate,' 'caring,' 'people-focused,' no longer impress the members of admissions committees. Moreover, they do not address the writer's personal nursing experience. Starting with such phrases as 'For some time past' can cause readers to stop reading.
- The next of our nursing school essay tips concerns showing rather than telling. The essence of good storytelling involves providing details that show the real you, as both a person and a potential nurse. Describe your experience of managing patients (give numbers), why a supervisor commended your clinical skills and professionalism, what helped you get promoted, and so on. The following examples explain how showing and telling differ:
'I do my best work under intense pressure' is to tell something.
'Even though the patient reported a particular illness, I believed the symptoms he described pointed to acute infection. Consequently, my diagnosis prevented further harm' is to show something.
- Use specific examples and evidence to describe experiences in direct patient care. Use details to show how you used clinical knowledge to communicate, lead, maintain confidence, or advocate for patients.
- Say how an MSN fits your future career objectives and your reasons for pursuing an FNP career. Admission board members should know the exact reasons for your application to their nursing program and why you think this is the best program. Refer to the research you did on the program and school and reflect on your findings.
3. Edit Your Essay to Make It Perfect
Having discussed how to start a nursing school essay and what to include, it is time to think about editing - even the work of the most experienced writers needs to be edited and polished. Review your work and revise it to ensure it is well-organized, clear, and error-free.
- After completing your first or initial draft, rest and put a distance between you and your text. Then, with fresh eyes, undertake an objective review to identify possible errors and other issues.
- Read your work out loud. How does it sound? Have your strongest and best points been adequately reflected?
- Ensure your statement is free of grammatical and spelling errors. Even small errors can suggest carelessness. Excessive errors can suggest that you lack organization or are not really serious about your application. Check out the following tips and tools for achieving perfection in a written piece:
- Get a member of your family or friend to read your essay. This is an excellent method of identifying awkward wording and errors.
- Use a spell checker - always - but remember that it will not identify every error.
- Use Grammarly or some other external grammar-checking tool.
- Ask a professional write or editor to proofread your paper. Reputable online writing companies often offer such services.
Referring to a good nursing school essay sample will demonstrate how these essays should offer an insight into the writer's life. Be specific about any experience that has contributed to your decision to become a nurse. Sticking to accepted standards, being professional, and showing yourself in an open, honest, and positive manner will enable readers to determine your suitability for their program and to see whether you have a future as a family nursing practitioner.
Maternal & Child Health Nursing (Essay Sample)
The contiguous surrounding which is the family plays a central role in maternal and child care. The functioning of a family influences immensely the health status of its members. In a family where the functioning level is very low, the physical, emotional, and social health of its members is negatively affected. In such families, children who constitute the group of vulnerable members are usually ignored/offended as a result of other family members not interacting properly.
At the same time, a healthy family provides an environment favorable for growth and health-promoting behaviors which play a crucial role in sustaining the family during crises. Moreover, the health of a family member and his or her functioning ability strongly affect the health of the other family members and the overall functioning of the entire family. Taking these principles into consideration, nurses gain an adequate understanding regarding the role of each family member and their effect on others hence are able to provide holistic care.
Issues underpinning the behavior of the family members
In the following example, the behavior of the family members portrays an unhealthy environment. The level of functioning in the family is extremely low and this is evident from the behavior of the child and his father. The child is spoilt but the father does not care much about it which implies an act of negligence on his part. As a result of the parents neglecting their roles in molding their child’s behavior, society has taken over the role and is shaping it without any moral standards. During early childhood development, parents are role models to their children hence their behavior especially in front of their children should provide an environment conducive for the growth and development of healthy attitudes.
Moreover, in an abusive family where one partner abuses the other, the other family members are adversely affected. This could be the case in this family judging by the behavior of the mother in the presence of the father. During the visits of the nurse, the father does not want to leave the mother alone because she might end up revealing what goes on at home. In the presence of the father, the mother feels intimidated hence cannot give the correct answers to the questions being asked. The mother might be trying to safeguard her health by giving answers that please the father.
Another issue that could be underpinning their behavior is culture. Different cultures have different norms hence shaping the behaviors of individuals differently. In this case, the culture gives the father more power and authority in the family than the mother. This implies that all individuals within the family look up to the father and hence cannot correct him when he goes astray. The father could have taken the wrong course in certain issues within the family but the mother could not tell him for fear of being punished.
Tackling the problem
In tackling these issues provision of nursing care would have been the best remedy. Employment of the four phases of health care concerning childbearing and childrearing might solve the problem. These phases are inclusive of promotion, maintenance, restoration, and rehabilitation of health. Furthermore, it is imperative to take into consideration the culture of the family members and assess its strengths and weaknesses during the provision of nursing care.
Home visiting programs may be recommended to the family to help the family regain good health. According to research done by Roberts, Kramer, and Suissa, home visiting reduces cases of child abuse and neglect. Home visiting will be of much assistance in protecting the child and ensuring his good health. Providing an effective home visiting program for the family can be beneficial in restoring family health.
In addition, there is a need to teach parents to take care of the health of their children through teaching and role modeling since their children imitate them. Parents should be encouraged to intervene and maintain health when risk factors are present, and in the event of illness, the family should be encouraged to seek diagnostics and treatment that will bring good health more quickly. In addition, further complications from an illness should be avoided to ensure a healthy family is sustained.
Provision of nursing care to a childbearing and rearing family is essential in ensuring the health of the family is restored and adequately maintained. However, culture and the level of education should be taken into consideration since they strongly influence the behavior of the family members. In addition to that, the family should be considered as a unit where each member contributes to its well-being. By having an adequate understanding of these principles, the provision of holistic family-oriented nursing care is made easier and its chance of success is enhanced.
Get Essay Writing Help from a Professional Writer
Today one can find online numerous nursing school essay tips. Still, it takes a lot of practice to master the art of communicating ideas clearly and logically. And what if you simply don’t have time for writing and editing countless drafts? In this case, turning to professional writers for help is the best decision. At Prime-Essay.net, we have gathered a strong team of expert writers and editors who are able to produce an essay on any subject. We cover the writing needs of students at all levels of study. Every day, our writers deliver neatly crafted unique high-school essays, discussion board posts, college research papers, and dissertations.
Academic papers that students buy from us are free from plagiarism. Our quality control agents check each text with a plagiarism search tool. In addition, each essay meets certain requirements, and its author only presents original ideas based on careful research. It is free of errors and typos.
We care about our clients and their confidentiality. We never risk the academic reputation of the students. Once your paper is ready, you become its sole owner and author. Your personal information is kept secret.
We are always online for you. Contact us via live chat, phone, or e-mail, and our agents will answer all your questions and help you to place the order.
Nursing school essay writing will not be a problem for you anymore if you let our experienced writers do the job for you!