Digital Culture is a creative and innovative interdisciplinary technological program that people can find within the media and communication department. It involves a critical analysis of new media, digital technologies, and the internet. It has its application in politics, business, arts, media and culture. The program aims at bringing significant changes to digital media while at the same time is trying to help an individual to understand the relations between networked technologies, media arts and other disciplines like sociology and cultural studies. The program explores the dynamic methods through which Digital Culture is bringing transformations and probes the redesigning of the scholarly knowledge especially is social sciences and technology. Digital Culture Studies include transparency and consistency in social sciences, digital literacy creativities and alphanumeric social sciences.
People use Digital Culture in their everyday lives for many different reasons, starting from usage of different types of social media to the sending and receiving of emails. While one people use it for entertainment, others use it for business, education, and governance. It allows people to work with different groups of individuals from various cultures and to understand them better. People across the world are all joined in a closed loop through the Facebook, Twitter or Google. In one way or the other, they can any time access information about each other and have a conversation regardless of the distance between them. People wonder how the world would look like if these sites were transformed into the tool that an individual can use in real life, and most of them cannot find the answer. However, if to think about this, it may be rather interesting..
Get a Price Quote:
As a scholarly program, Digital Culture is a crucial point in modern culture and science. For instance, it equips an individual with the skills that will enable them to analyze and implement all the digital cultures and technologies that other people may fail to understand or relate to. Also, it creates a space where one can easily learn different computer skills, such as programming and coding, both of which can be used to develop useful algorithms and theories in the technological and business environment. The Digital Culture is dynamic, expansive, complex and interdisciplinary. The complex of these factors makes it difficult for most organizations and governments to create a universal heritage that is available online for every person. The process is rather complicated and requires good problems solving skills, rational decisions, technical innovations, creativity and collaboration of different groups of individuals. Online gaming is part of a digital culture that has witnessed tremendous changes and increased number of users. The research will be based mostly on online gaming digital culture.
The research proposal gives an overview of the main research paper that is to be conducted. The main paper is connected to Digital Culture. It outlines the problem statement, research questions, and research design methods, administration of data, ethical consideration and practical application or federal benefits of the research.
Problem Statements/ Objectives of the Research Proposal
The purpose of the research will be to:
- To investigate how sport can be integrated into virtual reality platforms.
- To examine how YouTube web-site has changed and impacted the creation and management of independent animators.
- To discuss how marketing is influencing the integrity of game developers and the whole gaming industry.
- In what ways does online gaming affect the social and political lives of people?
- How do people become addicted to online games and what are the effects of the addiction?
- What are the advantages of Ello and Hyper as the newest media platforms?
- What is the importance of MMORG online gaming in digital culture?
- How can virtual reality platforms integrate with sport?
- What is the role and impacts of YouTube web-site on independent animators?
- How do marketing and over-hype limit the integrity of game developers and the gaming industry in general?
Significance of the Research
- The Research will bring together the members of different cultural sectors, for example IT architects, software and application developers and representatives of creative industries. Gathering even the small number of representatives of various, but somehow connected disciplines will create a perfect opportunity for collaboration and for sharing the ideas about new discoveries, open source developments, data modeling and multilingualism. These interactions may give a positive rise to the creation of useful programs.
- The research will help to build confidence in the investors by outlining all the benefits of investing in digital culture and it will also show the future prospects.
- The study might prompt different companies to adopt collaborative strategies with other firms so that rapid technological advancements and adoption of less costly development plans can appear.
- Lastly, the research will try to help digital business to empower and force digital industries to be more creative and innovative in order to develop useful technological devices that can help in the transition to the universal digital system.
The design of the study will be a mixture of descriptive and experimental forms of research models. The experimental form involves a series of practicals and procedures that will be conducted during the work. Due to this, it will be easy to control all the factors that will affect the final results of the experiment. Experimental research is easier to use because it allows the researcher to compare the results and also ensures consistency. It also gives the ability to control the number of alternative explanations that may lead any form of bias of the final performance.
Advantages of Using the Experimental Design
- It is easy to gain the necessary insights into the methods and requirements of the instructions stepwise so that there are less or no errors.
- This type of research design encourages personalized practices and experimental procedures.
- It gives full control on the participants and variables during the experiment and hence the data is factual and provable.
- The experimental design is flexible, and it is easy to incorporate some new steps that may not be present in the research but could lead to the right outcomes.
- It is the best method that can be used to make a choice on the type and amount of population that the research is likely to use.
- Error and objectivity- by conducting experimental procedures, the study can distinguish between genuine and false sources of information. Experiments have to give proven results. Therefore, it will become easy for the researchers to compare their final results with the secondary or primary information and to verify if they are true or false or biased in some way.
- It allows the researcher to have better transferability if compared to other anecdotal research.
- It is a daily activity since performing experiments is part of a human nature. Therefore it is an accessible and applicable approach that is suitable and appliable in this kind of research.
On the other hand, the detailed form of research will help to provide the most common questions like Who?, Where?, What?, How? and When? questions which are part of the research problem. However, the detailed design cannot fully answer these questions since the research methods that will be used during this particular section only obtain information that is concerned with the current status and the modern phenomena in the fire department of the city. This approach will enable the researchers to collect a significant amount of data that will later be used for detailed analysis and study.
Advantages of Using the Descriptive Design
- The descriptive design type of research encourages creativity and innovation for researchers. It is also makes it easy to conduct a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the data and to give the best possible conclusion.
- Descriptive design requires the researchers to have comprehensive data collection methods. This may include technical studies, surveys, and other observational skills. Due to these methods, the research obtains good results and analysis of the results.
- Confidentiality - participants, in most cases, prefer that their identity and source of information is kept in secret. The descriptive design only describes theories and information that is intended to answer all the research questions. By applying this design, it will be accessible for the researcher to achieve confidentiality to himself and privacy to the participants.
- Error and objectivity - the detailed design also gives space for subjectivity, objectivity, and error. Research is supposed to get data from people and recordings from the archives. However, some of this data or information may be biased, false or may miss some parts. This type of design will help the researcher to identify such faults and rectify them or look for the alternative variants, so that the final results are accurate.
Data Collection Plan
Creation of the data collection plan will make it easier to focus the research paper on answering the research questions and therefore to achieve good results. To do this, the project is subdivided into the following sections:
- Participant Selection
The targeted participants for the study are IT architects, software and application developers and creative industries’ members. They will be involved to ensure that the research questions can be answered from the vsrious perspectives. It is also important for the participants to understand their roles and the importance of digital culture. The study will also determine their personal views on the problem statement.
- Gaining Permission
The research will require the permission of the school administration to conduct it within the school territoty and also to use the school’s IT department and laboratory. Outside of the school, the researcher will require the permission of various IT organizations and the government IT department to undertake the research within their premises and to ask their personnel some questions.
- Data to Be Collected
What data to collect will depend on the research questions. The primary objective will be to find as much information that could help the research to answer all the research issues and to achieve the aims of the investigation statement as possible.
- Data Collection Instruments
The data collection instruments that are going to be used include questionnaires, interviews, surveys, lab experiments, observation, previous records and distribution of records from various digital culture.
- Administration of Data Collection
After obtaining all the necessary data, it will be administered down. Then it will be divided into the following designed and justified methodology steps:
- Sampling Approach
The sampling approach in the research will be an approach of the simple random sample. A selected group of the participants will be randomly picked for the research study. They will be interviewed; they will receive some questionnaires and the results of their work will be analyzed.
- Gaining Permission
All the people included in the sampling method that will participate on their free will; they will not be forced in any way, and they will only answer the questions they feel comfortable to answer. Also, the IT departments in government and non-governmental institutions will be asked to test the available equipment and media forums to show that they were sufficient enough for application in the field.
- Procedures for Recording Data
The data collection process will entail the use of various instruments that include questionnaires, interviews, surveys, lab experiments, observation, previous records and distribution records from the different fields and mass media.
Ethical and Legal Considerations
The ethical issues and the fair condition that were taken into account during the research proposal were implemented to ensure that the research will be safe to all of the people that were involved. They included the following:
- Children under eighteen years and the group of the vulnerable people like the elderly and the physically challenged will not be participating in the research.
- The researcher will sign contract with the participants so that all of them are labeled as independent and equal for all the activities of the research project.
- To ensure informed consent, the preparation to the research will include training of the participants on the research requirements. Participants need to know that they have to answer on the research questions in the way that the information they avail either through writing or verbal consent is true. The research will include investigators certified by the IRB.
- Any form of risks to the personal safety of the participants will be reduced as much as possible
- Before using any instrument or questioning an employee for the research, the permission will be sought out from the relevant authority.
- The research will not in any way affect the operation of the IT departments, participants, and the school administration to the extent that they cannot attend to their daily activities in the field.
- All confidential information obtained during the research will be treated with the expected privacy and confidentiality.
- The research will not in any way negate the laws of the country, especially school regulations, and ethical requirements and guidelines in IT departments of the state.
Practical Application/National Benefits
The research is a tool to creating a universal digital system in online gaming where all people are linked together. It will give suggestions and recommendations that individuals and groups can initiate. It is expected to be a very comprehensive and analytical research that will consider all possibilities, including digital deleting of the current continents and creating one big country, full of states and people from different ethnic and racial backgrounds. Among its national benefits are;
- The research will give insights to a global system of business, where technology is not a limitation. All people in the world are expected to be able to access the technology and use it in their operations of activities. Business is the core of economy of any country. Therefore with increased business opportunities, the living standards of people and consequently the development rates of all the countries will be expected to rise.
- Reduction in the management costs - organizations and governments spend a lot of money funding their managerial control. However, with the unified digital system and online digital gaming, personnel in different departments in different firms can have a single manage control system that monitors all their activities and operations. Hence, the managerial costs will be reduced significantly.
- The collaboration of private firms and government which will create more job opportunities for people and this will raise their living standards.
- Empowerment to the entertainment and creativity worlds, especially those that use the media in their activities.
- Enhanced training and education to everyone. Books, articles, and journals will be readily accessible in all media that will make learning easy and free of charge.
- Peace and cohesion in the world. Universal digital culture will harmonize all cultures, all people and will show them how to exist as a single entity.
In conclusion, creating one universal and enhanced gaming system in the digital culture requires cohesion and collaboration between people. It is the responsibility of the people, especially the government and some non-governmental organizations to encourage others to become one unity as far as digital culture is concerned. Constructing academies and training institutes can be the first step on the way of achieving the universal digital culture. What is more, by having a unified curriculum it would be easier for people all over the world to learn uniformly.
Mass media and sources of digital networks should not just be used for entertainment, education, and business, but they should encourage people from different backgrounds and races to accept each other as one. Probably by doing this, the development growth in all the countries will be unified, and the available resources will be utilized not only to benefit one group of people but also to promote peace to all individuals in all continents. As it was previously mentioned in the advantages of this research, online gaming in digital culture will help to bring equity among all people. It will reduce the major human challenges like poverty, racial and social discrimination, political warfare, social injustices, increased crime rates and corruption. It may eliminate the need of criminal courts or even the police. All people will share a common heritage, and all people will be digitally transformed. The research is the first step to create a better future for ourselves.
Buy custom Digital Culture essay
|← “Third World” or “Developing Countries” Terms||Nursing: Case Scenarios →|