Make an Impression With Your “Why Biology Major" Essay
Do you remember the job you dreamed about in your childhood dream? We bet some of our readers have answered “marine biologist” at some point or another. How could it be not to dream about becoming a marine biologist when visiting an aquarium is one of the most fascinating experiences you can have as a child. All that majestic sea life floating in the water can stir excitement and curiosity even in the crankiest child. Now is your chance to turn that childhood dream into reality! With the help of our writers, lay a solid foundation for your “why biology major” essay and pursue your dream.
Get a Price Quote:
Chemistry vs Biology. Which One Fits You the Most?
Still thinking over your options before writing the “why biology major” essay? In case you’re interested in all hard sciences, you have a hard decision to make: biology or chemistry? Let’s see what you can do with either of them to help you weigh the options.
What you will learn
Is the study of life, which means that you’ll be dealing with everything that breathes and eats. You’ll study, classify, catalog the forms, and chart the evolution of all living things. The key skill for your studies is data analysis.
Is the study of how substances are put together and transform over time. You’ll need to do lots of testing that can be potentially hazardous. Some experiments require testing on living things. Creativity is the key quality to have when you make this choice.
What can you do with the degree?
You’ll have your pick of jobs. In addition to the usual research job offers, you can consider environmental management, healthcare, bioengineering, or even a nutrition field!
There are plenty of jobs to choose from, depending on what field you’d like to work in. Drug and medicine development, forensic chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry, or a NASA researcher.
It’s predicted that the demand for biology degrees will only grow in the next few years with healthcare, business, bioengineering, and dental specialists at the top of the list.
Chemistry careers are on the rise as well, with registered nurses and food scientists in the lead. If you’re in for a big paycheck, drug manufacturing will be your best bet.
Which one to choose?
Both fields will offer you plenty of job opportunities. Biology will make you work with rules as well as observe and note facts, while chemistry essentially is about breaking things apart and building them up again. A chemistry major usually offers a lab job, while a biology one is a class or a field job. The main question is what motivates you?
What Does a Biologist Do? Depends on the Branch!
Biology is the study of all living organisms and their many aspects – how an organism is built, how it grows, functions, and what it does. If you are looking for the simplest biologist definition, it’s a scientist who studies organisms and their relationship to the environment. As you can see, the field encompasses so many functions that you need to pick a specific branch of biology you want to explore deeper. Making that decision will help you make your motivations for the “why I chose biology” essay clear and understandable. Let’s check some of the options.
- Genetics. Studies the transmission of hereditary characteristics from one generation to another. Geneticists diagnose and treat patients with hereditary conditions or congenital malformations as well as consult patients with genetic disorders.
- Biotechnology. Studies the use of biological processes for the benefit of our planet and the mankind itself. Its achievements have given us breakthrough products and technologies that help us fight diseases and world hunger as well as possibility to produce clean energy.
- Embryology. Studies the embryos and their prenatal developmental changes after a zygote is formed. Embryologists assist with in vitro fertilization and are also responsible for retrieving eggs. They can work in research or in reproductive clinics that help their patients battle infertility.
Why Major in Biology? Consider the Pros and Cons
Before even thinking of how to start your “why major in biology” essay, the main question you should ask yourself - “is biology hard?”. The answer is – yes. It’s by no means an easy major, but it’s an easier one, compared to other STEM options.
You’ll need to be good at observing, conceptualizing, and understanding biology facts. The other difficulty is that biology major requirements include doing a lot of lab work, knowing a good chunk of the difficult vocabulary, and memorizing lots of demanding concepts. If all of that doesn’t scare you away from your “why biology major” essay, let’s check some pros favoring your choice!
- Engaging training. You’ll be able to study the most fascinating and complicated concepts with the guidance of experts in the field.
- Job opportunities. The skills you’ll have after completing your degree will help you get your dream job no matter the industry with competitive pay in tow.
- Research opportunities. Many schools have research programs that will allow you to meet experts in the field, which will help you advance on your career track faster.
Types of Biologists. Which One to Choose?
Biologists can perform different duties based on their area of specialization and expertise. Their work environment can also vary as various jobs can put you in a classroom, a lab, or in the field. If you haven’t yet chosen one of the different types of biologist jobs before starting your work on the “why choose biology as a major” essay, let’s check some of the most popular options now.
- Biological engineer. Design and implement different pieces of equipment for manufacturing foods or pharmaceuticals. The most common places of work are pharmaceutical companies, processing plants, and environmental conservation organizations.
- Marine biologist. Study the organisms that live in the ocean. They analyze marine animals and plants with the goal of preserving marine wildlife and protecting endangered species. Some marine biologists work in seas and oceans, while others work for zoos and aquariums.
- Forensic biologist. Apply their knowledge of biology and its principles to assist in criminal and civil investigations. They typically work for law enforcement or private crime labs.
How to Become a Biologist. 4-Step Guide.
Getting your dream job as a biologist is a long road, but getting something worthwhile requires some dedication and hard work. It’s an advanced position, so you have some hoops to jump through starting with your “why biology major” essay. Here are 4 essential steps you need to take that will lead you to your goal.
- Finish high school with biology as a major subject. Choose your preferred field of biology early, so you can pick the perfect university program for you.
- Get your bachelor’s degree. Bachelor’s of Science degree in biology usually takes three years to finish, but if you choose biomedical engineering, that timeframe can stretch to four years.
- Complete an internship. Having relevant work experience is crucial for getting your dream job, so try to get an internship during your final year or the summer after.
- Complete a master’s degree program. Having an advanced degree will open the doors for more advanced job positions. Most programs last for two-three years and may include a research internship.
Top 5 Colleges With Biology Major Programs
If you’ve decided that a biology major is the one and only choice for you, the first thing to do is to decide what biology major colleges you want to apply to. Assuming you are doing your research for your “why biology major” college essay, you are preparing for the second step of our step-by-step guide. In case you are still undecided about your target schools, here’s a short list of the colleges with the best programs you can apply to:
- Stanford University
- Harvard University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- University of California—Berkeley
- California Institute of Technology
We understand that for some of you it might be a long shot, but you should never give up on your dream. Making sure that you have an academic record, enough relevant extracurriculars, and a well-argued “why do you want to major in biology” essay can increase your chances of getting into your top-choice school immensely. Check our writers’ helpful tips to help you with the latter.
Crucial Points for a Perfect Biology Personal Statement
The first step to a superb biology major personal statement is to check your school’s guidelines, so be sure to check the “application checklist” or “admission requirements” page on the school’s website before doing anything else. Typically, the application in biology includes prompts for you to answer, but they are there to point you in the right direction for your essay rather than to set a question-answer format. Regarding the length, it varies from school to school, but it’s typically 500-650, and you need to think about how you can best present yourself with only 2 pages worth of text. Take your time for thinking about what qualities, experiences, and skills can best describe your drive for the subject before starting to write your” why biology major” essay.
Some useful tips from our writers are:
- Avoid using clichés
- Don’t copy or lie
- Don’t be quirky
- Don’t list
Crafting an Engaging Answer to “Why I Want to Major in Biology” Essay
It’s common knowledge that the admission board has to review hundreds if not thousands of applications each year. The goal of your “why biology major” essay is to show that your passion and drive for the subject along with your relevant qualities make you the perfect candidate for their program. It’s also the only way you can make your case yourself, as other application files, such as your academic record, make the case for you. Follow our writers’ tips to perfect your “why I want to study biology” essay, so it makes the admission person pick you.
- Show your dedication and appetite for the subject. Mention what topic you’ve found particularly intriguing, a fascinating experience you’ve had outside of the curriculum activities, your experience with a field course or a university laboratory. Dedicate a paragraph to describe what you’ve gained from your activities.
- Convey your enthusiasm. If you are fascinated by a particular issue like human health or disease, the natural environment, or just the science of living organisms – show it! Reflecting on one or two of the interests will leave a strong impression on you.
- Include some non-academic content. Your college of choice needs to see your ability to contribute to a thriving student body, so make sure to reflect on your contribution to the community or any cultural interest.
Professional Personal Statement Writers Ready and Able
Given the importance of the “why biology major” essay, you might be too daunted by the task to even start it. It’s understandable, as sometimes the first step is the most frightening one to take, and you might need help with it. Well, our expert writers have no such fears and are ready to step in and offer you biology essay help! They know all the nuts and bolts of the personal statement assignment, so the only thing left will be to follow your target school’s instructions and paint your personal details in the best possible light. Your personal statement will be written by biology essay writing service professionals that know how to properly structure the essay and neatly link your qualities, skills, and experiences to ensure a smooth flow of the essay.
Whether you don’t know if your motivational story is too cliché or quirky, or if your biology interest points are too technical, our cheap personal statement writers will be thrilled to help! Prime-Essay.net understands that the application process is one of the most stressful periods in your life, and we are glad to offer our professional support.
Make Personal Statement Order Online with Minimum Effort
Allow yourself to make the decision to buy personal statement online and let Prime-Essay.net provide you some breathing time before you start your life-changing college journey. You only have a couple of precious months left to enjoy your high schooler status and you should make the most of it!
We guarantee that your essay will be written only for you with no plagiarism or prewriting involved. Many students decide to buy personal statement from us, and all personal statements we’ve delivered so far are as unique as the person who ordered them. All you have to do to get yours is fill out the order form, which will only take a couple of minutes. Put in your personal statement’s specifics, especially your deadline, and attach the needed files. The last step is the payment, and as soon as you’re done with it, we’ll assign a writer with the most relevant experience to work on the essay. As soon as your writer finished work on your order and we check the paper for plagiarism, your deadline should be up, and the file will be available for download on your personal page. Just in case you need us to clarify anything for you, our round-the-clock support team will gladly offer their assistance!
Let Us Lend You a Helping Hand!
Everybody needs some help once in a while, especially with such momentous endeavors as applying for college. You deserve to have a couple of days free of worry and stress, and Prime-Essay.net offers just that! Let our qualified writers do the necessary task for you, so you can have time to enjoy what you really love to do. We will make sure that your personal statement checks all the right boxes and has all the right stories and points to catch the admission board’s attention. We know how difficult it can be to talk about yourself, especially your most intimate hopes, dreams, and interests. Let our writers do that for you with their expert skills and intention to make your personal statement a winning one!