50 Compare and Contrast Topics (Free PDF)
As you are ready to start working on your paper, one of the first things to consider is how you are going to choose among numerous compare and contrast essay topics. As a first-time student, you may not know how to write a compare and contrast essay. However, you cannot be organized, unless you know what you are going to write about and how you are going to structure your work.
The purpose of your paper is to define how the two objects you are describing are similar or different. If you are looking through compare and contrast essay examples, you will see that many of them include an explanation of why the selected objects are similar or different. If you scroll down this page, you will also see the list of the best compare and contrast essay topicsto choose from. Feel free to use any of them for your superior compare and contrast essay. When you are done with defining the features of commonality and difference in your chosen objects, you can start writing your paper. However, do not forget about creating a thesis for your work. For example, if you are comparing two different items of furniture, you can mention the difference in the purpose they serve.
As you are making comparisons between the two objects, each comparison will become a small element of your compare and contrast essay topics.These elements will also guide the writing process for you. Just use these compare and contrast items as topic sentences for each paragraph, and your compare and contrast paper will win the highest academic score. If you are still in doubts, look at any decent compare and contrast essay example.You will see that any compare and contrast essay topic offers much space for creativity. Write your compare contrast essay on any of the topics you find below or develop your own.
Get a Price
You Can Always Choose to Compare and Contrast
- Halloween and May Day
- Your friends and enemies
- Flowers to trees
- The Revolutionary War to the Passage of the U.S. Constitution
- Being rich to being poor
- Being smart to being dull
- Being poor to being homeless
- Christopher Columbus to conquistadores
- School teachers to state authorities
- Essay writing to middle-age tortures
- Political speeches to daily TV shows
- Telling the truth to lying
- Watching a hurricane to being a part of it
- The 21st century to the 20th century
- The U.S. supreme court decisions to the decisions of plain courts
- Traveling across Africa to being a sailor
- Making an apple pie to making a mud pie.
- Being bored to being lonely
- The importance of modern and classical music
- The role of parents and teachers in bringing up children
- Learning to bike to learning to swim
- Going to the theater to watching TV
- Being with friends to being with parents
- Playing online games to engaging in sports
- Madonna's songs to the songs of Rihanna
- 21st century movies to the movies produced a century ago
- The Avatar to the Titanic
- The Avatar to any other movie of your choice
- The Sound of Music to Gone with the Wind.
- Huckleberry Finn to Tom Sawyer.
- The Wizard of Oz to the Three Little Bears.
- Winds to rains.
- College campuses to university campuses.
- Living in a large metropolitan city to living in a village.
- Being a child to being an adult.
- Running a race to driving a car.
- TV series to reality shows.
- Working as a guard to being in the military.
- Washing tables to washing dishes.
- Male friendship to female friendship.
- Being a dog to being a human.
- Traveling to being in love.
- Camping to hiking.
- Emotional attachment to physical attachment.
- Being famous to being rich.
- Being arrested to bring imprisoned.
- Spending time with your parents to spending time with your friends.
- Living in heat to living in darkness.
- The best day in your life to the worst day in your life.
- The best gift you received to the worst present.