Essay on Gang Violence: 30 Best Topics to Consider
Get a Price
Every person is looking for their place in society, whether it is a family, a school, or a workplace. Though most of us manage to become a part of this world, some people still fail to do that. Thus, together with poverty, is the most frequent reason for such people to join gangs. When it is impossible to acquire status in society via legitimate means, some individuals resort to illegitimate ones.
To understand such individuals, we should answer the question of why they join gangs, and many gang violence essays try to do that. The most likely segment of people for gang involvement are teens. They have a more vulnerable psyche, and they often feel that their parents do not understand them. That is why it is highly important for them to be full-fledged members among their peers or to have friends to share their innermost thoughts with. Most teens have no problems with this, but those who have, are at risk of skipping school, using drugs, and, finally, committing crimes.
Apart from teenagers, as researched in essays on gang violence, there is another group of people who are prone to gang involvement. They are social minorities, more frequently – Hispanics and African Americans. The problem is that they at a higher risk of living in disadvantaged communities and be socially and geographically isolated. By joining gangs such groups hope for social support and to acquire a place in society.
Criminal groups grow from year to year. According to FBI statistics, the number of gangs in the USA is 33, 000 or 1,4 million members as of 2013. The National Gang Threat Assessment informed that about 48 percent of violent crimes were committed by gangs in most jurisdictions and in some areas, it ran up to 90 percent. It cannot last any longer.
Sure, the easiest way is to blame gangs for all the criminal acts happening every day. But one should give thought to the reasons that push people to criminal actions. We may all be somehow responsible for such acts by being indifferent toward some individuals and all of us should write an essay on gang violence to know the issue better. Here are some popular gang violence research topics that you can use for such endeavor.
Gang Violence Topics to Write About
- How has media portrayal of gangs influenced people's views on them?
- What cultural and social factors contribute to gangs' violent activities?
- How does poverty contribute to the occurrence of gangs?
- What is the correlation between drug use and gang activity?
- How does gang culture impact the communities in which they exist?
- What impact does education have on youth involvement in gangs?
- How does the education system address gang activity?
- How has the prison system perpetuated gang activity?
- What can public policy do to decrease gang violence?
- How have gangs evolved to become more powerful and organized?
- Are certain neighborhoods more prone to gang activity?
- What interventions are most effective in stopping gang violence?
- How can local businesses contribute to preventing gang activity?
- How does poverty contribute to the spread of gangs?
- What impact does gang access to weapons have on the severity of violence?
- How has drug trafficking contributed to the growth of gangs?
- In what ways do gangs use intimidation tactics to control their neighborhoods?
- How do gangs use violence to assert their dominance?
- How does media representation of gangs shape public perception?
- How can political leaders help to mitigate gang activity?
- How does gang involvement in narcotics trade contribute to violence?
- What are the public health implications of gang activity?
- In what ways are gangs involved in the trafficking of humans?
- How have government policies contributed to the proliferation of gangs?
- How have policies implemented by the government influenced the behavior of gangs?
- What economic effects are there as a result of gang involvement?
- How does law enforcement presence influence gang activity?
- What are the challenges faced in effectively addressing gang behavior?
- How do gangs utilize technology to further their activities?
- How do gangs employ intimidation to maintain control of their territories?
These are some of the topics you may use to write your perfect essay about gang violence. If you feel that the topic choice is not the major problem, and you need some assistance to write a top-quality paper, you can always easily contact our custom writing service and order a gang violence essay with us.